by Margot Sunderland
Each guidebook focuses on key feelings and is written in a very user-friendly language, covering the most relevant psychotherapeutic and neurobiological theories for the feeling.
If a child is to benefit from the full therapeutic potential of the storybooks, then we strongly recomend that the accompanying guidebooks are used in conjunction with the stories. We advise reading the accompanying guide book before reading the story with the child, which will enable you to come to the child from a far more informed postion, and thus offer a far richer and more empathetic response.
Each guide book focuses on a key feeling and is written in a very user-friendly language, covering the most relevant psychotherapeutic and neurobiological theories for that feeling.
Includes what children themselves have said about what it is like for them, what they have felt struggling with the too difficult feeling and what they have done because of it.
Provides exercises, tasks and ideas for things to say and do to help children. The exercises and ideas are specifically designed to help a child think about, express and process the feelin to the point of resolution. Some are also designed to inspire children to speak more about what they are feling through their own spontaneous story making.
Includes pictures and stories by children.
Many of the exercises offered will support children in creative, imaginative and playful ways of expressing themselves.
A guidebook to help children who:
- don't like themselves or feel there is something fundamentally wrong with them
- have been deeply shamed
- have received too much criticism or haven't been encouraged enough
- let people treat them badly because they feel they don't deserve better
- do not accept praise or appreciation because they feel they don't deserve it
- feel defeated by life, fundamentally unimportant, unwanted or unlovable
- bully because they think they are worthless or think they are worthless because they are bullied
- feel they don't belong or do not seek friends
- because they think no-one would want to be their friend
Stock- Usually ships in 10-14 business days!